Image Map

August 29, 2013

A Birthday and a Graduation

August has been a busy month for us and at the beginning of the month we celebrated my birthday and the hubbs' graduation.

This year I was dreading my birthday. It meant that I'm that much closer to my 30's. I don't want my 20's to end. They have been an absolute blast! No one was going to let the day slip by no matter how much I tried. Jayla was the main one not letting me forget that it was approaching.

The hubbs took Jayla shopping for my birthday and my little girlie girl took Daddy down the make-up isle. While they were shopping in the make-up isle Jayla got quite the kick out of it because Daddy doesn't know anything about make-up. Surprisingly, they bought me BB cream in the correct shade.

My mom got me a new stand mixer seeing how I blew the motor in mine at Christmas time. I was pretty excited about that, I have been missing my mixer.

She also surprised me with a cake and she just had to put the infamous clown on it. Let me tell you about these clowns, they are old, older then me. I don't like clowns and I despise those clowns that they put on every cake that they can for me. They think they are hilarious when they do that. I'm not amused. I'm actually surprised that they didn't find their way to my wedding cake.

My wonderful bestie, Sarah from With Dirt On Our Face sent me a birthday surprise! She wasn't going to let by birthday slip on by either. What are friends are! I was seriously surprised when the package arrived! I also decorated my own cup with out realizing it. She is a sneaky one!



Overall I had a nice relaxing birthday and I'm excited to see what 28 brings my way.

Now onto the graduation. A few days after my birthday my husband graduation with an AA in Applied Science with a concentration on Welding. He graduated with a 4.0 GPA. I couldn't be more proud of him. After he graduated he landed a postition teaching welding at our local College. He is quite excited about that. While he was in school he discovered that is something that he really wanted to do and now he can. Between his normal job in the day and teaching 3 evenings a week I hardly ever see him.

 (ins't my grandma the cutest?)



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I made it on your bday post! :) I'm so glad I could surprise you. It made me happy. I think the clown thing is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete