April 17, 2013

A Magical Day

I've been dying to get this post up and share our day at Disney with you but since we got back things have been pretty crazy. Jayla came down with Bronchitis, hubbs was sick, trying to catch up on laundry, errands, and all the other normal day to day things. Jayla is quite clingy when she gets sick so it's hard to get much done.

We had a wonderful day at Disney. It wasn't too hot and it was an over cast day so we didn't have the sun beating down on us all day.

The first thing we did was meet the Princesses because it was only a 15 minute wait so we took advantage of that. Jayla was so excited to meet them. Normally she is shy and doesn't warm up to people quickly so I was nervous about how well she was going to interact with the Princesses. She went right up to them! You would have thought they were best friends with how she just walked up and started talking with them. She especially loved getting hugs by each one.

Rapunzel was my favorite. She was awesome and really into her character. Just bubbly and full of life. She even danced with Jayla.
After we met with the Princesses hubbs and Jayla headed over to get to in line to meet Merida while I went and grabbed fast passes for the Ariel ride. We had to get Merida done right way, Jayla was beyond herself to meet Merida. Merida is talked about quite frequently in our household. It's pretty easy to say that Merida is one of my Jayla's favorites.

We ended up having to wait almost an hour to meet Merida but once you get into the area to meet her they have crayons and coloring pages for the kids to keep them busy while they wait. 

Jayla's reactions to Merida were just priceless!
We really got a lot done for only having a day to spend at the Magic Kingdom. The whole month of planning and research really paid off. We got everything on my "to-do" list done except for meeting Belle and a few other characters.The line for Belle was just insane and Jayla was given the choice of meeting the other characters or riding some rides. She choose the rides, even over meeting Tinkerbell. I was shocked by that.

One of the things on my list was the Dumbo ride. Let me tell you, Dumbo pissed us off! There are two Dumbos now, one fast pass, one stand by. We went through the standy by line. We unintentionally  cut in line, it was pretty unorganized. We thought only two people could ride the ride at a time and Jayla wanted Daddy so I got out of line and waited for them.

Once you go through a line, you go into a circus building where you wait to get a pager before you get back into another line. It is air conditioned and a huge play area inside for the kids. 

Our cell phones had shotty reception there so I was having a hard time getting in touch with hubbs. After about 40 minutes I finally got a text from hubbs that he has about another 10 minutes before he gets a buzzer and then about another 40 minutes before he gets back in line. I watched a lot of people leave that ride before the rode it and no one looked happy. 
We didn't like being seperated from each other for so long. I mean we were there as a family to have fun and we weren't having fun at this point. I see a cast member who lets me into the circus tent and there are kids playing everywhere and you really can't keep an eye on your child. I didn't like that all! We wanted out of there so we asked Jayla if she would be upset if we didn't ride Dumbo but go get in line for the tea cups instead. Luckily she was game!!! 

Once we got over the Dumbo hump it was smooth sailing and we had a blast! Jayla did really good and really surprised me at how well she handled all the walking with very little complaining. If you are going to ride Dumbo, get a fast pass so Dumbo doesn't piss you off too.

I held her during the long lines to get her off her feet and before dinner I switched her shoes out which seemed to help because she didn't say her feet hurt anymore.

Leaving the parking lot that evening was quite confusing, we really didn't know where the exit was and no one around to direct you where to go. We finally found our way out and between the gps and the roads we got a little confused and missed our exit. The GPS rerouted us back to Disney and from there we were able to get to our exit and head back to my Grandpa's. Jayla was so wore out that she was passed out before we even got out of the parking lot. I think she passed out once she hit her car seat. Luckily we didn't catch any rain that day until we were leaving the park.




  1. I'm glad you guys had a good time despite the ones that made you mad!

  2. I love this! I'm so happy you guys got to go! It sounds like you had an awesome time and Jayla is adorable as always!

  3. Looks like a fun trip! I always loved the Disney Princesses.

  4. My parents used to always say the Dumbo lines were the worst. It takes forever to get to ride it since every little kid wants to do it, and so few can ride at a time. But even so, someday I'd love to take my kids on the dumbo rides. And even though you had your issues with the Dumbo ride, it does sound like you had an amazing day there overall!