Image Map

April 5, 2013

Guest Post DIY Washi Tape Magnets

Hey, friends! Sarah here, from With Dirt On Our Face. I'm guest blogging today while my lucky bitch awesome friend is in Florida on vacation. I feel like Jess needs to get me a shirt that say's "My friend went on vacation and all I got was a silly guest post". But I'm not at all jealous. Nope, not one bit...
This is the second time I've "guest" blogged for Jess. The first time she wasn't aware of it though. I kind of hacked her. Haha. I'm just awesome like that. Read that post, here
Really though, I'm excited to write a post for her. I'm actually in the process of moving into our first house and haven't even written a post for my own blog in over a week. So if you head over to my neck of the blogging world, don't worry, I'll be back very soon.
Today I thought I would show you how to make Washi Tape Magnets.
I bought my Washi tape through Pick Your Plum. Have you ever been to that site? I'm slightly obsessed. Check it out, you'll love it.


 I started with an oversized calendar magnet I got from a lawyer somewhere. I don't really have a need for a bankruptcy lawyer or a calender from 2011, so I decided it would work perfect for repurposing into adorable little magnets.
I "carefully" peeled the label off the magnet. 
 
 I should have been more careful because I ended up with random spots of magnet showing, where I wanted all white since my tape is somewhat transparent
Luckily it was an easy fix. Using spray adhesive I glued a piece of printer paper onto the magnet and I was back to work. 
Somehow in my haste to get these magnets done and pick up my 7 yr old from school in 30 min, I forgot to take a picture of the easy peasy steps needed to make the magnets. I know, I know. Bad Guest Blogger!! I'm sorry!! They really are insanely simple, so I'll just explain them.
Lay a strip of tape along the top of the magnet and press it down firmly. Cut along the tape edge so you have a long strip of magnet. You can either leave it long, or cut it into smaller pieces. I cut little triangles into the edges of some of mine so it looks like a piece of tape got ripped off.    
There you have it. Adorable little magnets to jazz up your fridge! 
 
  
These ones remind me of that Zebra Stripe bubble gum I used to be obsessed with when I was a kid. It tasted horrible and the flavor lasted about 6 seconds, but we all had to have it?
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post. Thank you, Jess for having me guest blog! Hopefully I've inspired some of you to jazz up some random fridge magnets you have laying around! Until next time! 
-Sarah- 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Doing asap! And by asap I mean as soon as I get my washi from a blog swap. ;)

    ReplyDelete