Image Map

March 11, 2013

A Hidden Little Gem

A few weekends ago we decided we needed to get out the house and find something to do as a family.

I had heard our local museum had free admission so I figured we could go and grab a quick lunch and then take Jayla to the museum.

Now we live in a small town, there isn't a whole lot to do here. I mean, we don't we even have a Target. I know, I know, the horror!!! Now that you got that shock wave out of your system let's focus back on the museum.

I've lived in my town pretty much my whole life and I had never been to our museum and didn't think it was going to be much of any thing and it would probably take us 30 minutes to get through.

I was wrong! I was really surprised and kinda impressed by our little musuem. It's definitely a hidden little gem. It had 3 floors and took us almost 2 hours to go through the museum. It was also a lot more hands on then I would have thought. We all enjoyed ourselves and will definitely go back again in the near future. 

 The picture on the bottom left was in the General Store area and it was wide open for you to look through. It had all sorts of ledgers and tabs on what people bought and who. There really didn't seem to be much organization to it but it was neat to look through. I wish it was organized a bit more to see if my husband's family was in it.

 They had a little dress up area which nut-nut loved! I wasn't too fond of this area. You just don't know when the last time those clothes were cleaned and how many people have worn them. Eww.

 She got the biggest kick out this thing. She couldn't believe how many of her there was! The downstairs area was really geared towards kids with a lot of hands on science activities. There was even a Wii down there for them to play with. We spent most of our time downstairs.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. How cute! I'm right there with you on those clothes though but Jayla looks like she had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't even get past the point where you said you have no Target. How far is the closest one?

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good museum, one that's got lot of things to see and do and touch, rather than things behind glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from the blog hop! I love visiting museums around the world! Even for a small one this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete