Image Map

February 26, 2013

Oh How Pinteresting!


I'm sure we have all seen the pins of the painted knife block floating around Pinterest world. I know I have, and I have this one pinned and knew I wanted to do it the moment I saw it.

This project cost me a total of $0. I had everything I needed to revamp my knife block. 

The paint is from a nice sample that Valspar sent me a while back. I picked the color called sprinkles. The sample came in a nice sized tub and even had a mini roller and tray. 

The black paint is acrylic paint I had leftover from another project. 

My knife block went from this.
  After a couple coats of paint it looks like this.
 I'm not all that crazy about the E. My paintbrush slipped and I had to attempt to fix it. I'm sure my OCD will get the best of me and I will redo the E. Eventually. 

I love how it turned out and adds such a pretty pop of color to my teeny tiny kitchen. 





 
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I love how that looks, I might have to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost did this one this week until I realized I had NO paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cute! I've been thinking of redoing mine and now that I've seen yours it's a must!

    Jordan

    www.lilpasteeaters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to do this forever but was afraid of how it would turn out.. and if it was bad I didn't know where I would get another knife block! Too cute!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!
    Super crafty and creative!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete