February 5, 2013

Oven Fried Chicken

I have been making Oven Fried Chicken for a few years now and it is still as big of a hit now as when I first made it. I have seen tons of recipes for Oven Fried Chicken but this one is by far my favorite because it taste the closest to actual fried chicken.

What you need:
Chicken with the bone in 
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup milk
a few tablespoons butter,melted
Spices you want for your chicken. Have fun and experiment. I usually use Italian seasonings, paprika, salt and pepper.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil.
In one bowl pour your milk, and in another bowl mix the flour,cornmeal,and seasonings together.
Dredge chicken in the milk and then coat in the cornmeal/flour mixture.
Place chicken on foil lined baking pan and drizzle melted butter on the chicken.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear.

         
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks good Jessica! I am big fan of chicken but usually fry it on the top of the stove. I will definitely try it this way too. I am now a Follower of your Blog.
    Judy - Judy H-J's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks delicious! I'll definitely have to try this one. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm excited to follow yours as well!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi, Great post. I found you through thebloghop .Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/02/weekly-goals-5.html Thanks again
    Lenetta

    ReplyDelete