Image Map

February 5, 2013

Oven Fried Chicken

I have been making Oven Fried Chicken for a few years now and it is still as big of a hit now as when I first made it. I have seen tons of recipes for Oven Fried Chicken but this one is by far my favorite because it taste the closest to actual fried chicken.

What you need:
Chicken with the bone in 
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup milk
a few tablespoons butter,melted
Spices you want for your chicken. Have fun and experiment. I usually use Italian seasonings, paprika, salt and pepper.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil.
In one bowl pour your milk, and in another bowl mix the flour,cornmeal,and seasonings together.
Dredge chicken in the milk and then coat in the cornmeal/flour mixture.
Place chicken on foil lined baking pan and drizzle melted butter on the chicken.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until juices run clear.

         
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks good Jessica! I am big fan of chicken but usually fry it on the top of the stove. I will definitely try it this way too. I am now a Follower of your Blog.
    Judy - Judy H-J's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks delicious! I'll definitely have to try this one. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm excited to follow yours as well!

    RebeccawithanR

    ReplyDelete