Image Map

February 14, 2013

Redneck Caviar

There are so many different variations to this dip. I've heard it called Cowboy Caviar, White Trash Caviar, and South Georgia Caviar.

It is also great served on top of tilapia. Just a little FYI.

I grew up with it being called Redneck Caviar and this is my version of it.


What you need:
2 cans of black beans, rinsed drained
1 can corn,drained
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
2 onions,chopped
2 Red or green bell peppers
2-4 large jalapenos, seeded and diced. Add as much or as little as you like depending on how much heat you like. I used 2 in this one because my grandparent's were eating it.
8oz Italian dressing.

Add the black beans,corn,and Rotel to a large bowl. 
Chop the onion and bell pepper and dice the jalapenos. Add those to the bowl.
Pour in the Italian dressing and give it a good stir. 
Let sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours or over night to let it marinate.

    
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster award. If you're not familiar with it (I wasn't!) there's some information on blog. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, and looks soooo much better than actual caviar!

    I'm stopping by from the Weekly Round-Up Linky Party because Carrie recommended this post in her post! :)

    xoxo
    Miss Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call this black bean salsa, but I think Redneck Caviar is more fun. I'm also stopping by because Carrie mentioned you!

    ReplyDelete